Mechanical Assembler (Machine Builder)
Posted on 10/20/2023
Mechanical Assemblers are responsible for working closely with fellow assemblies, lead, and engineering to build custom automation cells.
- Assemble complex custom machines from start to finish, using precision tools as required to complete the task.
- Tear down and reassemble equipment in the field.
- Fabricate parts from blueprints.
- Service equipment onsite or at the customer’s location as required.
- Use problem-solving skills to participate in correcting issues with project managers and engineering.
- Misc. tasks as assigned by the machine assembly supervisor.
- Maintain Wauseon Machine equipment (secondary responsibility).
- Previous experience assembling complex custom machines from start to finish (preferred).
- Mechanical aptitude and ability to read blueprints.
- Requires ownership of tools.
- Ability to travel up to 15%.
- Pneumatic and hydraulic experience (preferred).
- General machinist skills (preferred).
- Forklift license (preferred).
Desired Soft Skills:
- Willingness to learn and ability to self-motivate.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and, at times, independently based on the work requirements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.