Posted on 05/16/2022
Dalton, MA, USA
Crane Currency has a great opportunity for an Accountant for our Dalton MA site.
Crane Currency, a subsidiary of Crane Co. (NYSE:CR), is a global leader and an innovative force in substrate, print and technology. As the largest banknote substrate-maker in the world, Crane’s spirit of innovation and product development has won international acclaim.
Qualified candidates, we invite you to apply: www.careersatcrane.com
Relocation assistance will be provided as needed. Crane offers a competitive benefits package to full-time employees, including health, dental, vision, and life insurance, a 401k match and more.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Accounting tasks within the Cash recording and reconciliation for Invoicing for Technology. This includes tracking and recording cash receipts, monitoring disbursement checks and performing monthly bank reconciliations; and working with customer service to ensure all shipments are invoiced appropriately and timely within defined procedures and controls.
- Accounting tasks within the Inventory and Manufacturing processes for USGP, working closely with the Cost Accountant and Assistant Controller for direction. This includes coordination and recording of cycle counts and physical counts, work order management, cost analysis and projects as well as ensuring compliance to SOX requirements in these areas.
- Performing specific tasks and backup roles within the department including the recording of payroll expense and payroll liabilities, fixed asset, CIP (construction in progress) and depreciation entries, and general ledger accounting / integrity reporting Also assist with the coordination of central account reconciliations for the department as directed by the Assistant Controller.
- Providing month end reporting, including running business entity trial balances, business object financials and trial balances for upload to HFM. Assist on HFM consolidation and reporting requirements as directed by the Assistant Controller
Minimum Skills & Abilities
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Working within teams and projects.
- Ability to manage priorities and deadlines.
- Communication skills - written & verbal.
- Accounting in an ERP environment preferred (e.g. JD Edwards).
- Applicants must be US Citizens with the ability to demonstrate suitability for a Position of Public Trust.
SUITABILITY AND BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION REQUIREMENTS: The final offer of employment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements will be grounds for disqualification in the hiring process. The background investigation process conducted by Crane and our U.S. Government Agency customers is very thorough. Therefore it is imperative that applicants exercise candor and honesty when answering background questionnaires, especially as it relates to arrest, employment, education, finances, illegal drug use, and/or other criminal history. Falsification discovered in security documents or during the background investigation process may result in an immediate negative suitability determination.
Crane is a Drug Free Workplace
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/Vet/Disab
Minimum Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- Three years' experience in accounting, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience to general accounting, inventory/cost accounting and familiarity with SOX compliance preferred.