Posted on 05/18/2021
Are you ready to break free of the mundane?
Looking for a place where you can think outside the box? Where you can be part of a company that knows developing an awesome team makes all the difference? Where each day brings a new challenge? Join a growing company that has continually evolved for over 60 years with an innovative vision and supportive culture. CHL Systems is a custom equipment supplier that provides project management, engineering, design, manufacturing and installation services for a variety of industries including food, pharma and heavy industry to name a few.
An exciting position is currently available in our Engineering Department for a Controls Engineer. This position will work as an integral part of our custom equipment engineering team. The position will involve automation equipment design, control systems/methodologies and other applicable technologies in order to lead the design, implementation and testing of custom electro-mechanical equipment.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience in an automated equipment design environment.
· Self-starter who is well-organized, detail-oriented, creative and possesses excellent problem solving skills.
· Preferred design software experience in work or school: Rockwell and Siemens PLC programming, particularly Studio 5000, FactoryTalk, TIA. Plus if you have experience with VFD and servos, Fanuc and Staubli programming, and AutoCAD Electrical.
· Proficiency with written and oral communication. Need to effectively present technical documents with an ability to explain technical concepts with depth that is tailored to the expected audience.
· Ability to develop strong professional relationships with vendors and customers across a wide spectrum of industry.
· Strong time management skills. Must be able to handle multiple projects at one time.
· Ability to work with a design team on a large project.
· Ability to develop concepts and solutions meeting all customer requirements and to work within the estimated cost of implementation of those solutions.
· Ability for travel to customer sites (<15% of time).
· All other duties as required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Design Electrical Drawings and Panel layouts
· Program system PLCs, HMIs, and/or Robots.
· Work independently and with a team on projects from conceptualization to completion.
· Work closely with Sales, Project Management, Manufacturing and Technical Services to understand system requirements and develop workable design concepts and cost estimates.
· Document all project parameters in a clear and concise format.
· Define, review and resolve any technical issues during all phases of a project.
· Ensure all subsystem/feature designs “fit” together.
· Safeguard that all equipment and designs meet industry safety standards.
· Travel to job-sites for initial discussions, system installations and start-ups.
· Demonstrate integrity. Adhere to the company’s code of conduct and business ethics standards.
· Ability to think “out-of-the box” by generating new ideas and solutions.
CHL Offers a competitive benefits package including:
· Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
· Short Term, Long Term and Life insurance
· 401(k) with Company Match
· Holidays and Vacation Days
· Safety Program Incentives
· Employee Appreciation Events
EOEBack to All Careers