Posted on 09/15/2023
Santa Clara, CA
Are you a detail-oriented and skilled technician with a passion for robotics? If you thrive in a collaborative environment and enjoy assembling, integrating, and testing robotic systems, we have an exciting opportunity for you as a Build Technician at Collaborative Robotics. Join our team and play a vital role in bringing our cutting-edge robotic systems to life, contributing to their development and ensuring their quality and performance.
Collaborative Robotics is a team of innovators and builders redefining the future of human-robot interaction. We are working to realize a world where robots are a trusted extension of your surroundings. They work, adapt, and react around you. Not the other way around.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Build robust prototypes and partner with engineering team to turn prototypes into production hardware
- Perform assembly, integration, debug, and test of robotic components and subsystems according to established procedures and quality standards.
- Install and calibrate sensors, motors, actuators, and other mechanical or electrical components on robotic platforms.
- Work with engineers to create and execute functional testing and diagnostics to identify and resolve any issues or malfunctions during the build process.
- Assist in the development and improvement of assembly and testing procedures to enhance efficiency and product quality.
- Ensure the availability of necessary tools, and equipment for robotic builds.
- Collaborate with other departments to provide feedback on design improvements and contribute to the continuous refinement of our robotic systems.
- Collaborate with engineers and designers to create technical drawings, specifications, and write clear instructions for assembly, debug of robotic systems.
- Create and maintain accurate documentation of assembly processes, testing results, and any modifications made during the build phase.
- Set the standard for safety protocols and maintain a clean and organized work area.
This position is based onsite at our building in Santa Clara, CA.
Minimum Skills & Abilities
- 4+ years of professional experience
- Proven experience in assembly, integration, or manufacturing roles, ideally in the robotics, automation, or similar industries
- Prior experience with robotics or robotic systems
- Familiarity with reading schematics, mechanical drawings, and assembly instructions
- Skilled at surface mount soldering, assembly, and board rework
- Experience with wiring harness design and assembly
- Knowledge of basic analog and digital electronics
- Familiarity with using oscilloscope and DMM
- Proficiency in using hand tools, power tools, and measuring equipment for precision assembly work
- Possess basic knowledge of electrical and mechanical systems, including wiring, soldering, and troubleshooting
- Strong attention to detail and ability to accurately follow instructions
- Display excellent problem-solving skills and ability to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues
- Experience creating work instructions and procedures for assembly and test
- Demonstrate good communication and teamwork skills to collaborate effectively with engineers and other team members.
- Highly motivated teammate
- Enjoy working in a fast paced, collaborative and dynamic start-up environment with minimal supervision as part of a small team
Minimum Education & Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent; technical certification or Associate’s Degree in a relevant field
- Basic Linux experience
- Basic knowledge of Python programming and scripting
- Familiarity with rapid prototyping: 3D printer, laser cutter, etc.
- Experience with safe operation of a 3-axis CNC milling machine or manual milling and turning experience
- Experience with building cable harnesses: sizing wire gauge, selection of connectors, crimping and installing connectors, applying heat shrink, and verifying stable connection.
The base salary range for this role is $70,000 - $120,000. See below for additional total compensation package information.
Collaborative Robotics is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Collaborative Robotics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let your recruiter know.
To all recruitment agencies: Collaborative Robotics does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our employees. Collaborative Robotics is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Our full-time compensation package includes base salary plus equity and comprehensive benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role and experience level. The range reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position in Santa Clara, CA. Within the range, individual pay is determined by additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.Back to All Careers