Senior Software Engineer, Cloud
Posted on 05/01/2022
Alert Innovation is a fast-growing company on a mission to reinvent retailing through robotics. A diverse, driven, and creative team of professionals, we work daily to design systems that are changing the world of customer fulfillment. We’ve partnered with the world’s largest retailer to develop our Alphabot® technology, which is currently being deployed at stores throughout North America.
We're seeking a Senior-level Software Engineer to join our newly formed cloud services team creating state of the art software. This team is playing a critical role in designing and developing a new micro-services fulfillment cloud-based platform and integral to the industry changing solution Alert is providing for eGroceries. It will be used by some of the largest grocery chains in the world.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
What you’ll work on:
- Design and develop micro-services that support the eGrocery fulfillment chain.
- Contribute to a team dedicated to a particular functional area.
- Leverage cloud services and technologies to build robust scalable software.
- Develop and code review modular, well-documented software.
- Develop software unit-tests, integration tests, and acceptance tests.
- Contribute to documentation for new engineers on the team.
Minimum Skills & Abilities
What we’re looking for:
- Experience developing micro-services deployed in the cloud, hybrid, or on premises.
- 5-10+ years of experience in C# or Java development.
- Experience with asynchronous streams utilizing reactive frameworks
- Experience with messaging platforms (Kafka, Azure Message Bus, AWS SQS or similar).
- Experience with Container development/deployment.
- Experience with NoSQL databases (Cosmos DB, Dynamo DB, Mongo DB or similar).
- Experience with cloud platforms (Azure, AWS or Google Cloud).
- Knowledgeable in the SDLC of highly available SaaS services preferred.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Passionate about creating high quality, scalable and resilient software
- Comfortable working in an agile, collaborative team environment
- Experience building mission critical, enterprise software.
- Experience with robotics systems is a plus, but not required
Minimum Education & Experience
What we offer:
- Highly competitive pay for the Boston market in which we’re based
- Great benefits — medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability, 4% 401K match, flexible spending accounts, HRA’s, and up to 12 weeks of parental leave
- Unlimited paid time off — we encourage Alertians to take time off to re-energize and we trust our team to make choices that work for them and their team
- Company-wide holidays — we take time off as a company and recognize nine holidays throughout the year
- Equity — every full-time employee receives stock options, because you should have an ownership stake in what you build
- Learning & Development — we’ll reimburse tuition and learning opportunities both on and off the job
- Flexible Work Schedules — we offer a flexible work environment inclusive of remote and hybrid work schedules based on team requirements
- Employee Assistance Program — to assist with your emotional health, parenting, eldercare, nutrition, legal, and financial consultation needs
- Food and Fuel — we have the best coffee in the Boston area and it’s roasted by our founder! Lunch is provided daily for our team in the office and our kitchens are fully stocked with snacks and beverages
Learn more about why we were named a 2022 Best Place to Work at alertinnovation.com/careers.Back to All Careers