Robotic/Controls Engineering Manager
Posted on 01/22/2024
We seek a candidate with a track record of demonstrated leadership, high-level technical ability, personal growth, and success. This person will be the functional leader of our Robotic and PLC Engineering team, consisting of approximately (12) PLC Controls Engineers and Robotics Engineers who perform; PLC and HMI programming and robot programming for custom automation, MiR AMR, and Fanuc robotics systems which serve our automotive, medical, consumable, and consumer goods manufacturing industries.
- The Robotic Engineering Manager is a key leadership position with accountability for resource planning, labor and material budgets, mentoring and coaching subordinates from concept through the final machine acceptance phases, and continuous improvement.
- Accountability for project execution performance metrics (i.e., schedule, budget, scope, risk, and customer satisfaction) of software designs.
- This includes final documentation of both hardware and PLC and HMI programming for custom machine and robot integration projects, per customer specifications/requirements.
- Excellent customer communication, collaboration, and teamwork skills. Provide leadership and guidance for both internal and external electrical concept and final design reviews.
- Coordinate the team’s travel to customer sites for installation and start-up support of custom machinery and automation.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in related field. Preferred degree is BSEE.
- Minimum 8-years’ experience with increasing responsibility including: custom automation hardware and software design, leading project teams, and prior supervisory experience.
- Hardware design and PLC programming experience with a minimum of two platforms. Preference is proficiency with Allen Bradley and Omron PLC programming platforms. Mitsubishi and Siemens a plus.
- Industrial Networking experience including Ethernet/IP, Control Net, and Device Net.
- History of meeting or exceeding individual and department performance goals and objectives.
- Prior experience with PLC and HMI programming, Fanuc robot programming, safety circuits, vision systems, lasers, conveyor systems, assembly systems, fluid power, and robot systems integration is highly desirable.
- Technical aptitude and understanding of industrial equipment and machinery.
- Willingness to travel up to 5%.
Desired Soft Skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize tasks.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.